2 days Hands-on qPCR - Nov 2017 Back
The basic real-time qPCR course. You will aquire a comprehensive overview of the possibilities with real-time PCR, how to use it and how to analyze the results.
The course contains:
Introduction to PCR and qPCR
- How does qPCR work?
- Different detection chemistries, dyes or probes?
- Different applications for qPCR.
qPCR data evaluation
- How does qPCR software process the data.
- How to evaluate curves and set threshold.
Primer and probe design
- How to do proper primer design.
- How to avoid primer dimer formation.
- Other important considerations for primer design.
- How to design hydrolysis probes.
- Practical exercises in primer design.
Optimization of qPCR protocols
- Which factors affect the PCR?
- Which factors can be optimized?
Hands-on lab running qPCR analyzing unknown samples with standard curve.
- Different ways to normalize.
- How to find stable reference genes.
Basic quantification theory
- Quantification methods and equations.
- How to do interplate calibration.
Absolute quantification strategies
- How to do absolute quantification.
- What is a suitable standard?
Validation of assays
- How to determine LOD and LOQ.
- Precision estimation.
- Which controls should be used?
Quantification calculation examples
- Practical examples with relative quantification calculations.
- Calculations with own generated qPCR data.
Hands-on lab running qPCR and calculating relative quantities with different strategies.
Short courses (CPD) - Full time
- Start date:
- 27 Nov 2017
- Apply until:
- 03 Nov 2017
- Teaching method:
- Vestec by Prague, Czech Republic