Fundamentals of Vacuum Technology Back
Plasma and vacuum technologies are widely used in the microelectronics, communications, biomedical and other modern manufacturing industries.
The purpose of this module is to introduce the fundamental principals of vacuum science and technology. It will introduce and describe in detail the operating regimes of typically used vacuum pumps and vacuum gauges. Vacuum system design and trouble-shooting will be introduced.
- Relate basic physical quantities to the description of a vacuum system.
- Explain the practical significance of vacuum production and state examples of its application.
- Categorise vacuum pumps and gauges and be able to discuss their applicability.
- Apply physical principles to written and numerical problems.
- Communicate their ideas with their colleagues.
Short courses (CPD) - Part time
- Teaching method:
- Distance Learning
- Dublin, Ireland
- Standard applicant fee:
- EUR 2,136.00
- Tuition fees