Molecular Biology of Parasites and Disease Vectors MSc, PgDip, PgCert Back
3 good reasons to study
- Tropical disease caused by parasites blights the lives of over a billion people globally, you will develop a deep understanding of the biology of these organisms in the fight against these debilitating infections.
- Delivered by the LSTM Parasitology and Vectors of Disease Departments using state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and with industrial collaborations, couple with a strong research base that works in countries throughout resource-limited tropical regions of the world.
- Provide you with practical experience of essential techniques, as well as significant theoretical and practical knowledge in all important and topical areas of the field of tropical disease biology, all taught within an active and exciting scientific environment.
Molecular biology and genomics play an increasingly important and exciting role in research on medically important parasites and arthropods, and this award provides advanced training in this field. It provides an important foundation of knowledge of the basic biology of parasites and vectors, followed by specialised modules on the molecular and cellular biology and functional genomics of parasites and vectors, and culminating in a molecular research project on a topic chosen by the student. There is a significant practical component throughout the programme, and the laboratory work undertaken provides a wide range of techniques that would be highly relevant to a future research career.
- Enable students to conduct independent research in the laboratory and/or field
- Equip students with the knowledge and practical skills to develop a career in molecular research in parasitology or vector biology
- Facilitate high quality learning that is informed by critical analysis of current research
- Provide practical experience of a range of specialised technical and analytical skills relevant to the study of the molecular biology of parasites and disease vectors
- Develop independent and reflective approaches to study that will enable graduates to continue to learn in the future
- Produce graduates who are experienced, committed, informed, proactive and effective professionals, capable of taking substantial and leading professional roles
Masters - Full time
- Start date:
- 1 Year
- Teaching method:
- Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Funding possible:
EUR 10,930.14 (GBP 8,100.00)
EUR 24,221.73 (GBP 17,950.00)
- Additional Information:
- Fees 2016/17
- Tuition fees