Principles of pharmacoeconomics and valuation of health states Back
Economic considerations play an important role in decision-making on medicines, e.g. for pricing and reimbursement purposes. Insight in the strengths and weaknesses of the different economic evaluation techniques is needed for improved decision making on medicines.
The objective of this module is to gain insight into different preference valuation techniques and (pharmaco)economic evaluation methods.
The topics covered in this module are:
- Pharmacoeconomic analysis
- How to perform a good pharmacoeconomic evaluation
At the end of this module, trainees will be able to:
- Describe the elements and scope of Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Execute a cost study and how to take into account the perspective in such studies.
- Calculate the different effect measures used in pharmacoeconomics
- Describe the different approaches for valuation of health states and to interpret these values
- Conduct a pharmacoeconomic analysis including all relevant aspects(incremental cost-effectiveness ratio (ICER), type of outcome analysis including differential timing, health outcomes models, and sensitivity analysis)
- Evaluate the quality of a pharmacoeconomic evaluation study
- Design a pharmacoeconomic study (extended version)
Short courses (CPD) - Part time
- Start date:
- 3 Months
- Teaching method:
- Distance Learning
- Standard applicant fee:
- EUR 3,000.00
- Additional Information:
- Applicaton fee for students: EUR 1,500.00
- Tuition fees