Team Building & Group Development Back
If you want some practical tips on how to effectively lead, manage and motivate a team then this practical course is perfect. You'll learn how to make your team more productive, deal effectively with its dynamics, juggle different personalities, control difficult members, manage work-loads, make decisions, solve problems and generally encourage top performance.
Through group work, case study, discussion, presentation, debate and individual endeavour, the following objectives will be covered:
- Identify your current preferred leadership styles and practices and what qualities, traits and style good leaders possess.
- Learn how to choose an appropriate leadership style based on the situation at hand.
- Recognise behaviour traits in yourself and others.
- Recognise the difference between leadership and management and how different styles can impact on performance.
- Gain a better understanding of differing personalities and what motivates them, leading to better communications and teamwork.
- Learn how to motivate individuals to willingly expend effort on a task.
- Develop a toolbox of motivational skills.
- Understand how to develop and influence others.
- Manage team dynamics to ensure that the team is working at peak performance.
- Identify team member strengths and their role preferences.
- Understand how teams develop over time and the stages they progress through.
- Build supportive and effective teams and networks.
- Recognise and understand different team roles and their importance in developing effective teamwork.
- Learn how to lead groups to deliver objectives and outcomes.
- Develop decision-making skills and chose appropriate decision-making styles increasing chances of successful implementation.
- Allocate tasks and learn when and how to delegate to reduce overload and burnout.
- Recognise and learn how to manage stress within the team.