Since their inception the first four IMI-funded Education and Training (E&T) projects (EMTRAIN, SafeSciMET, PharmaTrain, and Eu2P) have delivered an impressive list of achievements. They have now identified a number of innovative opportunities which they wish to pursue as a collaborative IMI Education and Training cross-project group by the name of imi-train.
These innovative activities create new synergies thus significantly adding value to the biomedical research community interested in education and training opportunities in Europe and beyond.
What makes imi-train special:
- Commitment to strengthen the European landscape of post-graduate biomedical education and training by developing strategies, tools and innovative solutions based on continuing analyses of needs and gaps in a rapidly changing environment
- High quality and fully flexible education and training programmes in medicines research, development, efficacy and safety – informed by all relevant stakeholders and developed and delivered in partnership between the public and the private sectors (ranging from short courses to certificate programmes up to full Master and PhD programmes)
- Compliance with the IMI Education and Training Quality Standards for Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- on-course® to support course seekers by making European courses searchable and accessible including Master and PhD programmes as well as short courses for continuing professional development
- on-course® to support continuing analyses of trends, needs, gaps by means of comprehensive and longitudinal data on European postgraduate biomedical education and training
- LifeTrain to support continuing professional development based on competency profiles and competence assessment thus promoting mutual recognition and mobility between countries and sectors
- Responding to the continuously changing external Medicines R&D related environment, and learners’ needs, by piloting innovative e-learning/distance learning/blended learning courses.