on-course® ver. 2 has been released early November 2014.
Based on XCRI-CAP (eXchanging Course Related Information, Course Advertising Profile)
which is the UK standard for describing course marketing information
it allows more flexible and enhanced course information management.
We strive to provide you with the latest insights from our all-new,
upgraded, and improved course catalogue management system.
In this newsletter you will find some graphs showing the number of
courses by type, professional body, and language of instruction.
University of Manchester (UK) and Medical University of Vienna (Austria)
Courses by type
- masters: Masters - taught; Masters - research programme
- phd: PhD course
- cpd: Short course (CPD)
Courses recognised by professional bodies
- IBMS: The Institute of Biomedical Science is the professional body for biomedical scientists in the United Kingdom
- RQA: Research Quality Association
- SGPM: Swiss Society of Pharmaceutical Medicine (in English)
- SwAPP: Swiss Association of Pharmaceutical Professionals
- TOPRA: The Organisation for Professionals in Regulatory Affairs
Courses by language of instruction
- ... or a medium of instruction - a language used in teaching.
It may or may not be the official language of the country or territory.
Where the first language of students is different from the official language,
it may be used as the medium of instruction for part or all of schooling